Vision is a critical component of learning and if it is not perfect, problems can manifest in many ways.
Good vision is important for a child’s educational, physical and social development.
With many children suffering from an undetected vision problem, it’s important to be aware of the signs to give every child the best chance of reaching their full potential.
At Eye Opener Optometrists we have a special interest in children’s vision.
One of the most important things in a childs development, is their vision as it is a critical component of learning and if it is not perfect, problems can manifest in many ways.
Symptoms of vision that is not perfect may include:
- Reluctance to read
- Short attention span when doing close work
- Tilting of the head
- Frequent Headaches
- Rubbing eyes
- Excessive tearing
- Sitting too close to the television
- Covering one eye to read or watch television
- Finger pointing while reading
- Not being able to see the board clearly
- Letters swimming on the page
- Letters being switched when reading or writing
Eye Opener Optometrists are trained to diagnose and treat children of all ages appropriately.